Friday, April 1, 2011

Fun Things to Do With the Kids!

Okay, being trapped inside most days forces me to get creative with activities for the kids to pass the day. I'm always looking for simple activities. Here are some that we have done during the winter months.


The other night we made pizzas as a family. The kids had pineapples, cheese, pepperoni, and carrots to put on the pizza. We used carrots so they could make faces on their pizza. They had a blast making their pizza. These fun plaster animals were a gift for Avi and Anderson from our dear friends. The kids had fun painting these and loved their wobbly heads.


I made a rainbow and wrote out the colors, using ROY G BIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet). The girls used watercolors to paint with. For Ellie my goal was to let her explore and paint, but for Avi we looked at each color word and sounded out the word to paint the appropriate color.

I used scrap paper and stapled it together and Ellie made a book out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great ideas! Thanks for sharing....I like the plaster animals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love reading your posts...your such a great mom...love the ideas!

    ReplyDelete