Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Good Cry!

Okay, this is going to be a post without pictures. I know quite crazy for my usual! So, the time of the month is visiting soon and my emotions have been all over the place! Just ask my husband. Anyways, last night the kids were all tucked in asleep and Chevy was out playing basketball. I was reading a blog, "4 Little Men and Girly Twins" and the blogger was talking about memories. There were pictures of her and her husband posted, and they looked so young. Just looking at the parent's faces I saw such love and adventure in their eyes and no wrinkles. I pondered how they must have felt entering parenthood.

Without warning my eyes began to tear up and I burst out crying. All the memories I have of my children started flooding my mind. Now I haven't had a long hard cry in a long time, but this is exactly what happened. I started crying uncontrollable, just thinking about how much I love my children and how they are growing up so fast. As a child I always dreamed of becoming a mother and now I am and my kids are at the perfect ages of 4 and 2. I just want time to stop. It really has been a struggle for me to know if we are done adding to our family. Chevy without a doubt in his mind feels we are done, but for me it is so hard to say the word, "done!" I just love this age. As you can tell and if you are around me much, you know that I have wrestled with the thought of more or if we are complete.

Now, back to the story. I'm sobbing and Chevy comes home. I think to myself well it is dark, so maybe he won't see the tears. After a few seconds he asks me if everything is okay. Of coarse I just spill out everything I'm feeling. It was nice to share my thoughts with him and the next morning I cherished each moment with the kids. I love my babies!

1 comment:

  1. Somer!!! I am close to my monthly too and I was doing the same thing after our run the other night! I was looking at old pictures of my kids on my computer, I was totally crying! Oye! I wanted to go wake up my baby just to smell his head and hold him. We are done, and done is always are hard word...God will let you know:)

    ReplyDelete