Thursday, September 16, 2010

Triathlon!

We signed up for the Coldwater MI, triathlon in April. We all headed out on Friday to the my parent's cabin and my parent's-in-law's cabin. The race was the next morning. We were one of the first people to sign up for the triathlon. Do you notice the numbers that are on our arms? Kelli, of coarse, was the first! :) We all went in order. Pretty cool to be numbers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 out of 200 people!
The race consisted of an almost 1/2 mile swim, 6 mile bike ride, and 3 mile run.

Here is Anderson's look alike, Nate, Renee's boyfriend. Anderson was encouraging Nate and gave him a Silly Band for good luck!

Here are our cheerleaders, Grandpa and Ellie! Of coarse our other cheerleaders who are not in the picture were Nana, Charlie (Katie's husband), Abby (Katie's daughter), Avielle, and Anderson.

Us in our lovely swimming caps!

Here is my sister-in-law Renee and her boyfriend Nate.

Okay funny story! Here are us girls getting into the water! Renee was almost at the starting line when she could hear us girls (Katie, Kelli, and myself) just screaming as we entered the cold yucky water! We are such girls, but hey the bottom of the water was just gross.

After we swam we ran to our bikes and put on our shoes and took off on our bikes. I really didn't enjoy the swimming part. For most of the swimming you could touch the bottom, so most people didn't even swim. When you tried to swim you would be kicked by others or would run into others. Right at the end I wasn't able to touch the bottom and I panicked a little. It was really hard to catch my breath.

Here is me running at the end of the race.

I'm so glad that Katie, Kelli, Josh, Nate, Renee, and my husband completed the race. It was really a fun experience and wasn't too intense.

Anderson and Avi wanted to be in the picture.
Avielle with her Auntie Nee!

After the race they took a snooze!!!!!

After the race we went out for a nice dinner and then went to the sandbar. Katie and Charlie had to go, so we missed them.

Uncle Josh read to the girls! They just love him, especially Ellie!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like an outstanding day! I am impressed with everyone. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete