Wednesday, July 18, 2012

4th of July

I absolutely love 4th of July!  I love all the patriotic themes and dresses in red, white, and blue.  I also love summer time.  This year in Illinois it has been SUPER HOT!  It has been swimming weather everyday.  If you are not swimming you need to be inside or you will melt.  On the 4th this year it was in the high 90's. 
  A tradition that we have done for the last 4 years is to go to the Round Lake parade.  This year we went with the Troiano's (my sister's fam) and the Domier's.  The cousins had matching dresses.  :)
My sister lives right by where the parade starts.  Here we are getting bags for all the candy.
Fortunately the Domier's found a place in the shade and the heat was bearable.
Brynn and Ellie

Anderson showing some love to Brooke!
Then it was time to get up front for all the candy. 
The Round Lake parade is super loud with all the sirens. 
Brynn and Brooke getting their ears plugged.
This girl couldn't wait for the candy!  After the parade we went to my sister's house and cooled down.  We went home and got our food ready to bring to my parent's house for some swimming time. 
When we got there I was ready to jump in that pool!
Here are the girl cousins!
Here are some more girl cousins!
Kaeden running around! 
Anderson!  Unfortunately, we didn't get a boy cousin picture!
We couldn't light off fireworks this year.  We are in an extreme drought and we didn't want to start a fire. The kids all had a blast together!

No comments:

Post a Comment