Friday, July 13, 2012

60th Anniversary

  So, yesterday afternoon I sent off the kids to Grammie and Papa Camp or it is called Cousin Camp.  My parents have a cottage in Michigan and for the last 3 years they have been taking the kids to Michigan on their boat.  They do fun crafts and campfires.  The only criteria if you are old enough is if you are potty trained.  This year I have all three at Grammie and Papa Camp!  So that is why I have some extra time to actually finish a post.  I might be able to crank out a few, so stay tuned this week!  :) 
We recently celebrated Grandpa Dale and Grandma Alice's 60 year Wedding Anniversary.  These two are still love birds after 60 years.  It is so apparent that their love runs deep and wide. 
Isn't the banner cute with their picture on it?  I love old black and white pictures.  I feel bad for our kids when they look back at our pictures we are all going to have 80's hair and puffy sleeves!  We will have braces on our teeth!  In their time era people dressed so classy and beautiful.
Here are my 3 munchkins.  I tried to match the kiddos to the colors of the party!
Renee (Ryan's sister) made the vases with the pictures on the front.  Mom got all the flowers from her yard!  They were so beautiful!
 The kids with Grandma Alice and Grandpa Dale
I just love these two!  It amazes me how much they look alike!
Ellie and Avielle with their Auntie Renee.

The girls with cousin Jenna.  Jenna got the two oldest (Avi and Anderson) their very special bears that they sleep with EVERY night. 
Sisters
These cupcakes were absolutely AMAZING!  The little ones had a peanut butter frosting and a brownie cake with a candy in it!  Well I had three that day! 
Mom and Renee
Myself and Renee
Getting ready to eat that cupcake!

Almost everyone who was invited was there!  It was so special and I think Grandma Alice and Grandpa Dale were blessed by it!  
It was so sweet, when Mom got up on the mike and gave a little introduction.  She told everyone that this party was a surprise for Alice and Dale.  When the guests received their invitations so did Alice and Dale.  Mom then added, have you met my grandchildren yet?  It is so apparent that she is so proud of her grandchildren!  :) She had them come up and introduced each of them.     
The boys!  There are not many boys on this side of the family.  Uncle Don is the only son, Ryan is the only grandson, and Anderson is the only great grandson. 
Ellie playing with Mr. Nate


Uncle Don being goofy
It was a fun day and a great celebration of 60 years of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment