Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Half Marathon




Yesterday I completed my first half marathon, 13.1 miles! I have been training all summer, running about 4 times a week. Lisa, on the left, approached me about running the half marathon in May and we have been running buddies ever since. We usually run our long runs together. Lisa is very good about mapping out our runs. She definitely helped me and motivated me to be able to do this. Without her I don't think that I would of ever trained for it.

Renee, on the right is my sister-in-law. She is from Michigan and is going to be turning 21 on Thursday. She runs a lot and I asked her to join us and she did. So this is all three of our first half marathon. We were so nervous, but we did it! I think we are hooked to do more races! I know that both of the girls have talked about a triathlon.

We had the biggest crowd cheering for us. My family came and our friends also came. It was great of them to celebrate with our accomplishment.

The night before the race we stayed at the Hyatt and went to PF Chang's for dinner. Afterwards we went to see a movie and saw Julie and Julia. It was a cute movie! It was so much fun to get away from the norm and focus on the race! Thanks Ryan for watching the kids and bringing them to the race at 8:00 in the morning. The race was in Oak Brook, which is very far from the house.

Our cheerleaders!

Lisa and her two kiddos!

1 comment: