Monday, September 28, 2009

Yummy Smoothies!!!!

I want to tell you about my new find, Yoplait Smoothies! I tried them with the kids today and they absolutely loved them! They're an excellent source of antioxidant Vitamin C and made with natural fruit. As a bonus they have live and active cultures!

I also love that you just need to add 1 cup of milk and then blend it in the blender. This is great especially for cold season. Which right now Ellie has a cold, so this is perfect. The kids really thought it was ice cream. I put sprinkles on it and they kept on asking for more. Though they really were just eating fruit.

One last thing, my kids love yogurt, but it is really expensive and we go through it in two days. I have three kids and the packages of yogurt come in six, so we run out of yogurt quickly. This is a great alternative to yogurt. It makes a lot with one package. You can find this great find at Cosco!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I'm going to have to pick some of that up! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an easy recipe for smoothies that are almost like this (and I think it ends up lasting longer...but it is a little more work.) I buy the big bag of fruit (strawberries, pineapples, mangos) from Costco, the 100% cranberry grape juice (2 containers) from Costco and then a big thing of plain or vanilla yogurt from walmart or something and I mix 1 1/2 cups of yogurt to 2/3 of the blender of fruit and juice to cover the fruit. It tastes similiar to the yoplait stuff ( I actually prefer it :) )and has the fruits etc. so still good source of vitamin c :) By the way I am loving your blog! I check on it often! Can't believe your kiddos are so big!

    ReplyDelete