Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

This weekend was a busy one! We were able to spend a lot of time with family this weekend. We went to the Good Friday service with my parent's, sister, and brother-in-law at their church. Then Saturday night I had a few of my cousins over for pot roast. It was good to connect with them all and have the kids play.
Ryan and I were able to serve and teach 2nd-5th graders on Easter Sunday. Our church, The Chapel had their grand opening that day. We have been preparing for months for the day to come. Our Core group has about 150, so we didn't know the amount of people that were going to attend. It turned out that there were 700 people who attended! That is amazing! There were people in the back who didn't even have a seat to sit in!
Here are the three little monkeys all dressed up and waiting to open their baskets.


I love this picture. When Ellie was super tiny, our friend Vince took a picture of the two older ones kissing Ellie in a basket on the stairs. Now look how big they are, especially Ellie. Ellie is now the age the two older ones were when she was born.
Ellie is looking for all the eggs. After she would find one she would open it and eat the candy out of it right away. She wouldn't let go of her basket all day! She loves sugar like her mommy!

After our morning Easter, we headed to my parent's house to spend time with the extended family. In the above picture the kids are opening their presents from Grammie and Papa. Anderson was so excited to get a sword!
Here is my beautiful sister, Jamie and her husband Chris.

This is my youngest beautiful sister, Meghan and her daughter Katie. Don't they look alike?

These are my two beautiful cousins, Misty and Mary. I just love this picture of them!

Then the kids had an Easter egg hunt with the cousins. Ellie was enjoying filling up her basket even more!

Here are Kaylin and Timmy finding their eggs.
Here is Aunt Kathy and Grace seeing if they found any money in the eggs.

This year Papa hid money in the eggs. My kids each found a dollar and there were four dollars in all!


These are all the cousins, except Katie Mae. She is 8 months old and really didn't want to be in the picture. Take a look at my son in the picture and his cousin next to him Caleb. Too funny!

It was such a nice Easter day, though quite windy! Papa took the kids for a golf cart ride.
Ellie wanted to drive!

Here is our dear Macy who is wonderful with the kids and so helpful to all the mommy's!
This is my mom and my Aunt Kathy. Don't they look like sisters?

This is GG and my cousin Justin with his new daughter. My cousin and his family are moving to Texas in a few months. It will be sad that they will be so far away.

These are the two birthday boys!

Ellie really enjoys the piano and her pacifier. I really need to break her of the pacifier! I'm just not ready, because she is such a good sleeper!



Me and my girls!
Avielle and Kaylin got to spend a lot of time together. My mom had Avi and Kaylin over to have a sleep over at her house. They actually slept in the same room and they talked until 10:00 at night, but they had a lot of fun. My cousin said that they sang "Itsy Bitsy Spider" to each other. Lets just say the next day they both took a 4 hour nap!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great Easter :o) The pictures look great and the kids are soooo cute!!!

    In regards to taking the pacifier from Ellie.....when I took Kobe's pacifier from him he went from taking 3-4 hour naps every day to NO nap!!! I miss my "me" time and wish I could get him to take naps again. He also has started waking up at night which he hasn't done since he was an infant. I miss the pacifier :o( In other words....I can understand why you are not wanting to take the pacifier away :o)

    ReplyDelete