Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hearing God

Today at MOPS, an author spoke about her book that focused on hearing God. After the author spoke our small group was asked, "Have you heard from God?" Now I'm not talking about an audible voice, but more as the Holy Spirit speaking to you.

I thought about it and remembered many times that God has spoken to my heart. I remember one very specific time when I was pregnant with Anderson. Chevy and I went through infertility issues and then went to In vitro. We successful got pregnant on the first try. About 3 months into my pregnancy, I was teaching a lesson to my students and I felt a gush. I looked down at my pants and they were covered in blood. I stayed calm for my class and then I ran down the hall to the bathroom. I was in tears thinking that I miscarried. I called to make an appointment for an ultrasound. One of my co-workers drove me to the doctor's office and Ryan met me there along with my mom.

When I got to the doctor's office I remember just sitting there crying and crying. That morning I had thrown up from being pregnant and I kept thinking being sick is a good sign. Here is where I heard God. I was so scared to see the ultrasound screen. I didn't want to see that there was no baby! I had prayed for a baby for 3 years! As I went to lay down I remember hearing God say to my heart, "The baby is fine and you have nothing to worry about." Wow, I was just in awe at what just happened and I had a total sense of peace come over me. I didn't even need to look at the screen to know that my baby was just fine and he was.

I always wonder, why we go through difficult times? I have now come to the conclusion that it is to grow closer to the Lord and to depend on Him. That experience showed me that God is in complete control and I am not. It also showed me that he always hears my cries. Now if I had lost Anderson I still would say that through difficulties we grow closer to God and that He is still in control. When we went through all this infertility, I finally came to the realization that life is not easy, but God is here for us.

My question to you, "Have you heard God's voice?"

1 comment:

  1. What a great story. What an awesome God we have! I am so glad you have 3 healthy kids. And I heard God just the other day. He was asking me if I trust Him.

    ReplyDelete