Wednesday, April 14, 2010


So, today I was cleaning up after breakfast and heard the kids playing upstairs. I wondered what they were doing and if I wanted to know what they were doing? So I heard them on the stairs and then I went up to check on them and they were all three on the stairs with all their blankets reading their books together. At the moment my mind just melted and I loved seeing them all interacting with each other and getting along.
When my kids are quiet or when I hear strange noises and I'm not with them, that is a red flag for me that trouble could be happening. Yesterday, it was 52 degrees and I let the two older ones play outside as I did laundry. I heard them giggling and then I saw them with the hose. They were hosing each other down with their jackets on and all of their clothes. I thought to myself, I guess it could be worse! They were having so much fun, so it was worth doing the extra laundry.

I don't know if your mind does this, but the other day I got out of the shower and I didn't hear a sound downstairs. My mind immediately thought of the worse. They all went outside and are playing in the front yard or they got their bikes out. I was so glad to see they were all watching Dora together! Thank Goodness!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate! Every time it's quiet I get paranoid. Sometimes I don't even want to know what I'm about to walk in on! Ignorance is bliss right? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somer I've been looking at your blog a little bit today and I have to say your title is such a perfect fit...you seem full of momma joy! :)

    I'm looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete