Thursday, January 12, 2012

1st Snowfall of 2012!

Yes, it finally SNOWED!!!!! Okay, it is January 11th here in Illinois and this is our first really big snowfall of the year!!!! They say we should get up to 6-8 inches. We will see in the morning.
Ellie, enjoying the snow.

They played in the snow at school and then as soon as we got home they wanted to go back outside. I, of coarse, stayed inside to prepare the hot chocolate!


Last year we found out that our daughter, Ellie has Cold Urticaria (essentially meaning "cold hives") an allergy where hives or large red welts form on the skin after exposure to the cold. I know strange! Last spring, I went outside with her and as we came inside I noticed that anything that was exposed to the outside started to get hives and welts on her skin. We went to an allergist and she called it "Cold Urticaria". She told us we can give her allergy medicine, but that hasn't helped.


I have noticed that if there is a wind it starts acting up and if it is below 60 welts might appear.


Today, I sent her outside all bundled up and she didn't have a big reaction. In the picture you can see her cheeks are red, but there are tiny welts. I found I just need to cover her and then she doesn't have a reaction. I need to invest in a face mask. Maybe I can find a pink one! Ha!


Makes me a little sad that she has this. I'm wondering about recess at school for the winter season. Is she always going to need to stay inside with her teacher? What about skiing/snowboarding? Chevy's solution is to move to Tennessee!


Maybe she will grow out of it? I grew out of many of my allergies. Well, it is in God's hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment