Monday, August 23, 2010

Jamie's Little Peanut! (Baby Shower)

On Saturday we had a baby shower for my sister Jamie and her new baby Kaeden. The theme of the shower was elephants, which match Kaeden's bedding. I just love the banner that says, "Mommy's Little Peanut!"

There was a lot of candy

Then there were three jars with lemon water, lemonade, and ice tea. I just love the tall glasses that are behind the jars that my mom purchased at Ikea.

My mom made elephant table runners

Each of the guests had an elephant cupcake.

The guest could take a basket and fill it with candy


Here is the clothes line

Decorations on the mantel of the fireplace

Each guest received a hand made key chain that we put on the cupcake stands.

Here are the center pieces. There is grass and then elephants in the center piece.





My mom ordered labels to go over the chocolate candy.

Just like my other sister's shower, we did a devotional by putting Kaeden's name in verses. Various people read the verses out loud as a prayer and then my mom shared the story of how Kaeden came to our family. It still gives me goose bumps that God was so faithfully to answer our two requests: Jamie would be a mom by the end of the summer and that the process would go quickly. Which it was almost 3 weeks when Jamie was told she was picked by the the birth parents that she had Kaeden.

Here is my cupcake!

My sister and her adorable baby Katie Mae

My mom and Katie Mae


Here is the daddy, Chris with Kaeden

Here are the proud parents, Jamie and Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment