I have a friend from high school, Tamara that has given me a blog award! Please check out her blog http://theunexperiencedmom.blogspot.com/ I love to read her thoughts on big and on little things in life. Tamara takes great polls and has a great perspective on being a mom.
I must say that I'm completely honored that she chose me!!!!! I have been enjoying blogging. It has become an outlet for me to be able to communicate with others in my daily routine. I do feel like blogging gives me an opportunity to tell about the little things of my day. It gives me a sense of accomplishment as my day with 3 children under 3 can be very hectic and sometimes it can be frustrating thinking I didn't get much accomplished. Do you have days like that?
Here's how the award works:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2. Share 10 honest things about yourself.
3. Present this award to 7 other whose blogs you find brilliant in design or content.
4. Tell those 7 people they have been awarded.
10 Honest Things About Myself:
1. I enjoy running and playing sports. I especially love playing flag football or shooting some hoops. I never said that I was really good at these sports, but I enjoy a little competition. When I was in high school I ran cross-country and track. As a freshmen I went to state as an alternate for a 400 relay. That was a big deal now looking back! When I turned 30 I ran a half marathon. I have found that running can be a fun thing to do for myself and be able to get all my built up anger out from the day. I also must say that I enjoy playing sports, but I don't enjoy watching them. As I type this Ryan is watching football and that I find boring!
2. I now drive a minivan. I thought I would never own a minivan, but after needing to fit three children with car seats in the backseat I needed to get something bigger. It is a really nice Honda Odyssey ride. It does have the built in TV and I must confess my kids watch too much TV while we are cruising the town. I'm becoming the soccer mom. Actually now that I'm thinking about it, Anderson starts soccer on Tuesday. Oh no I am turning into the soccer mom!!!! YIKES!
3. I used to love to dress well. I would shop at the Loft a lot and had a really nice teacher wardrobe. After the kids arrived, my closet didn't grow with clothes but their closet grew with clothes. I really enjoy dressing the kids in matching clothes and putting bows in the girls hair. It does bring me a lot of joy to see them so cute! Thank goodness Ryan and I have really generous grandparents.
4. I absolutely love chocolate. Almost everyday I need to have just a little piece of chocolate. I especially love chocolate chip cookie dough or just chocolate chips plain.
5. My favorite season is summer. I really enjoy summer nights where the sun is still out and the day isn't as hot as it was in the middle of the day. Wow, you are saying to yourself, your name is Somer and your favorite season is summer. I know, amazing!!!! HA!
6. I hate, that is a strong word, sand and glitter! I love going to the beach, but sand just makes a mess. Sand really makes a mess when you get it wet and then step in the sand again. Glitter is also a problem. I don't mind glitter when it sticks to something, but to get rid of glitter it is almost impossible. A friend once told me that in the craft world glitter is like herpes. Once you have glitter it is almost impossible to get rid of! Thanks Vince!
7. My coffee is my shower!!!!!
8. When I was pregnant with Ellie, Ryan and I would watch the Apprentice every Thursday night together. Each week Ryan would go get us a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. I had a rule to only eat ice cream once a week. Lets just say the ice cream was for the baby! HA!
9. I love Taco El Norte. That is probably one of my favorite restaurants. I know I'm so expensive! You might be asking what do I order? Well, I like the 4 taco dinner with beans and rice. I don't eat all 4 tacos, but give each of the three to the children and then I eat the chicken taco with their yummy beans and rice. Of coarse I need a Coke with my salty meal!
10. All three of my children are miracles! Soon I will share the amazing stories that they each have.
And now, I would like to present this award to 7 other ladies whose writing I have really enjoyed and has inspired me in my mothering!
1. Barclay http://trustunfailinglove.blogspot.com/
2. Pamela http://pamelaburns.blogspot.com/
3. Stephanie http://ourgirls21.blogspot.com/
4. Roberta http://thesmithsaz.blogspot.com/
5. Maryann http://lortsfamily.blogspot.com/
6. Shari http://katherinegracelyman.com/blog/
7. Zack's Gang http://zachsgang.blogspot.com/