Thursday, October 1, 2009

Some Good Old Apple Pie!

Thursday night, my mom was in charge of a women's outing at Lake Zurich Harvest Bible Chapel. My sister, Meghan and I went to learn how to make an apple pie. Both of us had made an apple pie before, but when I made one it turned out pretty watery. So tonight I got a lesson or you can call it a scientific lesson on how to make dough from scratch and how to properly roll the dough. I was taught about humidity and molecules. Did you know there was a science to cooking? I never put two and two together.
All in all it was fun to create and have guidance from others around me. Making an apple pie really puts you in the mood for fall. I truly can't believe it is already Oct.

My sister Meghan making her pie!

My mom and my niece Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment