Friday, November 20, 2009

Chicago!!!!



Last weekend, we took our friends up on their offer and went to stay at their apartment in downtown Chicago. Our 18 month old stayed with my parents and we took our two, three year old to the city, or as Avi and Anderson would call it the city of lights.
The picture above is their view from the apartment. They over look Navy Pier. When we slept there I asked Ryan to keep the blinds up so I could wake up to the view. Just Beautiful!

Saturday night we walked to Millennium Park and saw the famous Bean! It was really nice and pleasant and the kids had so much fun seeing all the tall towers and pretty lights!




After our walk, the kids and Ryan went swimming. I decided to sit and watch as I was baby free and didn't need to chase Ellie. I don't think Ryan was so happy with my decision. Just Kidding! Well, not really!
We met this nice looking statue man on our walk to Navy Pier. Avi was fascinated with him! At Navy Pier we went to the Children's Museum. The kids had a lot of fun with all the exhibits. They had a build your own fort that was a creative time. Their favorite was the nursery room for all the babies, where they got to bathe the babies and get them dressed. I know your thinking your son liked that room. Yes, Anderson loves to play house and be the daddy.
All in all, it was a really fun trip that will be a lasting memory. I love seeing new things through my children's eyes. Anderson cried when we left, because he is a city boy! Ryan and I were thinking about selling our house and moving to the city. Just a dream we have! Maybe when we retire we will become city people?
Just a side note, I wanted to add more pictures, but I'm having a hard time dragging the pictures. Does anyone have that trouble?

No comments:

Post a Comment