Monday, November 16, 2009

Grace, God's Grace!

On Saturday, we celebrated one of my good friend's Shari's baby shower. She recently adopted her little bundle Katie Grace. At the shower I read the very popular verse from Ephesians about adoption.

"In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will- to the praise of his glorious GRACE, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. " Ephesians 1: 5-6

I just love how God models the perfect example of how He adopted us into his family. The only way that He could adopt us into His family is by GRACE. We are not perfect and come with so many imperfections. We come to God broken and needy for His love and He truly gives His love freely and lovingly. He wants and desires that relationship with us that we so deeply desire and long to have. The security and the affirmation that we look throughout our daily routines He can give us. The peace we desire can only come through surrendering our lives to Him and Him having GRACE and adopting us into His family.

His GRACE is glorious! As I was reading this verse in preparation for Shari's shower I saw the word GRACE. I pondered the meaning and how God has Grace on us and through Grace we have life. I thought how fitting that Shari's new adopted daughter's middle name is Grace and my adopted daughter Avielle Joann's name means, "God is GRACIOUS." People often ask me why I named Avielle, Avielle and I reply that I just loved the meaning. The meaning of her name reminds me of God's GRACE for me and that He was GRACIOUS to give her to me to raise as my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment